are geese fun to hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Axle Quails, May 15, 2011.

1. Axle Quails

Axle Quails Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    London
    Hey, I thinking ab out hatching geese but I want to know if their fun species to hatch and what breed would be best ??

2. Alexander

Alexander Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Greece
    I am sure they are.I have also heard they keep skunks away.Now i would suggest you go to the geese section of the forums to find out useful information. [​IMG]

3. Axle Quails

Axle Quails Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    London
    [​IMG] thanks I might aswell do that......

4. Paintedhorsegirl

Paintedhorsegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Im also thinking about loading up my incubator with goose eggs....That is once my frizzles hatch out hopefully by tuesday...
    I have never raised geese before but Im thinking about it

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    They're lots of fun. I just had a Pilgrim gosling to hatch last Sunday. She's already imprinted on me, so it's been really sweet with her following me around everywhere. She was the only one to hatch out of 3 shipped eggs. One died early due to bacteria & the other died before he could pip [​IMG]

I used a broody instead of a incubator to hatch her, but I've been eyeing some geese eggs on Ebay that I'd love to try as soon as I can get one of the bators empty.

As far as breeds, there are so many to choose from. We chose Pilgrims because they're on the critical list & because they're an auto-sexing breed, but we've been thinking about doing Sebastopols or Africans, too.

Aubrieanne, our little gosling
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by