are geese good to hatch

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Axle Quails, May 15, 2011.

1. Axle Quails

Axle Quails Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    London
    I've been thinking about hatching geese but are they quite friendly ? And if so what breed do you think is quite good to hatch? So do gooselings like being in a group together ?

2. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    Bump!

3. DuckDuckDuckGoose

DuckDuckDuckGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    The Great Northwest
    I think if you want geese u should try the local feed store instead of trying to do everything that hatching them involves. It takes alot of skill and knowledge to hatch, and unfortunatly people that don't know anything about doing it, try. That leads to lots of un-needed deaths because of the lack of knowledge about the subject of hatching. Besides, you will save yourself alot more money and stress by just buying a pair of very young goslings from your place of choice. But this is my opinion. Im just trying to help u save time and money and your mind. lol
    If you get the goslings young enough they will imprint if that is what you want.
    something to think about........

Thanks,
    T.

4. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    Thanks, yeah I know it might be hard and not alot people know about it! But I will read alot - on about it before I do it so I really like knowing before I do anythink

5. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    Thanks, yeah I know it might be hard and not alot people know about it! But I will read alot - on about it before I do it so I really like knowing before I do anythink

6. DuckDuckDuckGoose

DuckDuckDuckGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    The Great Northwest

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by