Are Geese out of season right now?

Compadre

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 29, 2014
No, I don't mean hunting season, haha. What I mean is laying season to be precise. I have been perusing the online hatcheries and classifieds hoping to see some available eggs to hatch but all the online hatcheries say out of stock or sold out for 2014. Do geese have a laying season similar to guinea's and I am past that point for the year or am I just too late to the party to hope to find hatching eggs? I was gonna try a small batch of turkey, duck and geese in the incubator but can't find the third ingredient. If you can't tell already, I am new to geese so don't really know much about them so if you can educate me then I can be better prepared to get my eggs next year, thank you.

Yes, it's not breeding season for geese. Living in the South, mine started laying in late February, early March.

Okay, thank you for the information; that makes sense now for the reason that I cannot find any available eggs or young goslings. Sounds to me like I had best plan to get eggs to hatch this next spring then.

Back
Top Bottom