Are golden comets heat hardy birds?

Jun 9, 2021
Colorado
Hi, I live in Colorado where it gets very hot up to 95 to 100° and I was just wondering if golden comets are a heat hardy bird. I know they are smaller so does that help with the heat? thanks.

Golden comets. aka gold sexlink aka amber link, they should be fine with shade, cool dirt and lots of water. Even a kiddie pool with a few inches of water for them to cool their tootsies in will help them beat the heat.
I live in high desert/low timber AZ, (we get slightly above 100 and get snow and down to single digits in winter) even my fluffier wyandottes and Australrops do ok.

Golden comets. aka gold sexlink aka amber link, they should be fine with shade, cool dirt and lots of water. Even a kiddie pool with a few inches of water for them to cool their tootsies in will help them beat the heat.
I live in high desert/low timber AZ, (we get slightly above 100 and get snow and down to single digits in winter) even my fluffier wyandottes and Australrops do ok.
Ok thanks so much!

I have 3 golden comets and they seem to be doing ok. We’ve had an unusually hot summer here so far (upper 90s-low 100s) and they are doing about average. The Australorps are shrugging off the heat and the Cream Legbars are pretty much wilting from it.

Back
Top Bottom