Are guineas allowed in Fremont?

You could call the village to see what kind of poultry animals are allowed to stay there; maybe even look online. I have no clue how populated this city is, but it's worth noting that Guineas are very noisy birds.

I found this on the Fremont website (Fremont Municipal Code)- Chapter 6.10.030-6.10.040
6.10.030 Livestock.
On real property zoned residential, a pet owner may not keep any livestock or roosters. (Ord. 16-2018 § 1, 6-5-18.)
6.10.040 Chickens, rabbits, pigeons, doves.
"On real property zoned residential with an area of more than 6,000 square feet, a pet owner may keep up to six chickens, rabbits, pigeons, and doves unless a permit is issued under Chapter 6.40. A maximum of two species of those animals allowed under this section may be kept on one lot. (Ord. 16-2018 § 1, 6-5-18.)"

My take from this- Best thing is to call the city and ask. The code does not mention any guineas, however, it does permit chickens. It wouldn't be wise to buy some even though they are not mentioned in the code. If people were to complain due to noise, you could maybe get a ticket and or a citation. I am not sure if guineas are considered livestock.

Here is the link where I found this information.
https://www.codepublishing.com/CA/Fremont/#!/Fremont06/Fremont0610.html#6.10.030

Back
Top Bottom