1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are heating fuel prices suspose to be REGULATED???????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cjdmashley, Nov 23, 2010.

1. cjdmashley

cjdmashley Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Vermont
    So are heating companies regulated when it comes to their prices per gallon? After not delivering fuel for 7 MONTHS (we are on automatic delivery) our wonderful fuel company delivered less than 300 gallons of propane AT $4.73 A GALLON!!! I thought I was going to have a stroke! [​IMG] I'm so mad! [​IMG] The going price around here is high $2's up to about $3.20 per gallon. So with about a month before christmas I get slapped with an almost $1,300 bill! [​IMG] The company was just bought out and I guess we all just get to pay for that! I'm not sure if their trying to make up for the money they spent buying the company or if they are price gauging because people recieving fuel assistance get it this time of year but it's bull [​IMG] I wish i could do this to PYROFAX [​IMG] [​IMG] well hope they enjoy waiting because come hades or high water my kids will have a christmas & thank god for the woodstove. Thanks for listening!

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Our Ameren Power here in Illinois is going to have their rates increased as well. When everyone is out buying fuel effective appliances, new and updated furnances, the prices of usage is lower and the power company could do nothing but to increase those rates to cover the aging infratures. [​IMG]

3. cjdmashley

cjdmashley Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Vermont
    I know I love to see all the solar panels our electric company is putting up and watching our bills go up just as fast. nice to know were paying such a nice price for free energy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by