Are illegal immigrants a BIG issue where you live?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by werblessd1s, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. werblessd1s

werblessd1s Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    NORTH FLORIDA
    We live about 30 minutes from the beach and all of the construction jobs are taken up by illegals. I used to drive a bus for a daily labor company and I went to pick up some of the workers one day and I was shocked. About 100 illegals came out of the condominium that was being built.
    Unemployment is at a 5 year high and it just ticks me off that there are so many jobless Americans.
    This is a great website:
    http://immigrationcounters.com/

I read where Arizona put a stop to hiring illegals and the flood of immigrants that went back to Sonoma, Mexico was so high the Mexican officials went to Arizona and was complaining that it was unfair and that they couldn't handle their own people coming back.
    I looked on the Florida Department of Children and Family website and illegals can get cash, medical assistance and food stamps without any identification.
    Just ranting.....[​IMG]

WELCOME TO MEXAMERICA!!!!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  2. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

It's a huge issue here, my husband works for a company that last year lost 56 employees to an INS sweep (out of a company of about 270). Don't tell me they work for less, blah, blah, blah - they were being paid as much or more than my husband.

3. Bi0sC0mp

Bi0sC0mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Raiford,FLA
    same here i am in north fla and it is bad around here all the farm /construction jobs are takeing by them makes it hard to find work

4. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

I live in the United States, and yes apparently it is a BIG issue here

let us not all forget that these UNITED states mean we ALL have an issue when one of us has an issue..

please vote accordingly to your views in 2008

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I live on the border with Juarez, Mexico. We do have a lot of illegal people but we have a lot of mixed families too where one parent is legal and one is not. Last year during operation Stepping Stone they swept us regularly and I had to go to other classes to pick up students who were being deported because one parent was being deported so the whole family was going back. The majority of these men and women were hard working people who wanted a better education and life for the kids, they won't have that opportunity in Mexico. I agree they should go about it legally but it's heartbreaking when you have to say good bye to students who don't understand why their father is in the office with and Immigration agent to check them out. One man was brought in wearing handcuffs to check his students out of school, I raised wholly hell over that one and told them there was no way I was bringing a student in to see their father in cuffs when he is not a dangerous criminal. They took them off but stood there like he was a murdering rapist and humiliated him in front of a lot of people. I filed a formal complaint on him.

6. werblessd1s

werblessd1s Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    NORTH FLORIDA
    I'm all for helping them out with some kind of work program. But look at all the millions upon millions of dollars they are sending home. You can forget getting in the express lane at Winn Dixie on payday. It is full of illegals sending money back to Mexico.
    My husband was out of work for almost a month and couldn't find any work, while you will see the illegals in Walmart with 2 or 3 carts full of groceries. They look at you and smile and I find it really hard to smile back with my armful of groceries..... but I do.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  7. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Yes, it is a problem here. I wish all states would pass laws similar to Arizona's. I don't believe the garbage about "nodody else will do theses jobs." The companies just won't hire anybody else. The illegals work for less because they get government benefits for housing, food stamps and medical. I say deport deport deport. An illegal uses somebody else's SSN to work. Then they go to the welfare office using whatever phony ID and gets government benefits. I don't believe for a minute that they actually report their real income to the welfare people. An, on top of it all, we get to educate their kids.

8. kdcrws

kdcrws Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    L.C. FL
    We moved do to # of migrant workers. We bought a house on the FL GA line very rural area, but only 30 min from hubby's job in valdosta. When it came time to enroll my oldest daughter in preK we went the ele school and they had two interpreters in there for all of the illegals enrolling their kids. So we moved back to LC and my husband commutes an 1hr 10min so our daughter can be in a better school. I have no prob with people immigrating to the US just do it the right way! And pay taxes like the rest of us do! Everyone came here from somewhere else, so unless u crossed an ice age land bridge to get here please have visa in hand [​IMG]

9. Fowl-Language

Fowl-Language Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Longview, WA
    Quote:I'm confused - do 'they' carry signs that say "I'm illegal"? There's a lot of "legal" brown skinned folks in this country, many of whose people were here before the Europeans showed up. If you're worried about American jobs, quit shopping at WalMart, for heaven's sake. Everything there was made in China. Sorry, but nothing irks me more than white entitlement. Please, please try not to forget that at the end of the day "these illegals" are human beings too.

10. luvzmybabz

luvzmybabz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Quote:Honey they buy all those groceries with food stamps!!!!!!!

My sister gave birth to twin boys 2 years ago it took forever to get them borth certificated ( her ex ) then Social security cards took an act of Congress darn near. I went to DHS with her one time and the Welfare to Work wanna be that had been assigned to her case was being rude about bc and ss# taking so long ( Hello new laws because of imagration) then looked down her nose and said in a very hateful tone "they look Mexican" I came out of my seeat and almost got arrested because they are NATIVE AMERICAN the next few words I said I will not repeat as I am ashamed that they came out of my mouth towards anyone ( the worker was black). Needless to say when I started dailing the news station they were able to find her another worker and everything that HAS to take weeks went through in 4 hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by