Are Khaki Campbells eggs usually this Massive??

zook

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 21, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
I discovered an absolutely large Campbell egg in the coop today. Now I have chickens, muscovy and the campbells laying right now. The egg weighed on a postal scale was 125 grams or 4.4 ounces. It is massive. see what you think. Is that a normal size as I only got the Khaki Campells yesterday and the eggs I got from them yesterday were just slightly bigger than muscovy eggs. I'm just starting to market my excess eggs but hey you don't get egg cartons to hold eggs like that.

I would love to know this as well. If this is normal, I am SO getting some! I would not sell those. I would keep those for my private use!

I don't think that size egg is typical for a KC, but it can happen, especially when the ducks are young and just beginning to lay. The eggs can also be very small at that time.

I think it really depends on the line. I got birds of various breeds (Swedish, khakis, Cayuga) from a gal & they ALL laid eggs that size regularly. Turned out she liked big eggs because they sold for more & it was one of the traits she'd been selecting for over close to 20 years.

did you crack it? ive seen people with abnormally huge eggs that are double yolkers

did you crack it? ive seen people with abnormally huge eggs that are double yolkers
Most certainly was a double yolker. The dog and I enjoyed it.
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom