Are Little Giant and Farm Innovators Quail Rails Interchangeable?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by callahanrickey, Sep 20, 2016.

1. callahanrickey

callahanrickey Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    I have a Farm Innovators 4250 Incubator that has a model 3400 Farm innovtors egg turner in it that has worked quite well for incubation and hatching of chicken eggs. I wanted to start incubating Coturnix quail eggs so I went on Amazon and ordered the Little Giant quail rails because there was a review stating that they would work with the Farm Innovators egg turner. I installed the rails and I cannot get them to turn --- it's like the pin that slides up and down the groove jams and will not turn the eggs. Has anyone else experienced this? I have now found Farm Innovators quail rails for sale, but they seem to look just like the Little Giant quail rails. Thank you in advance for your help.

1 person likes this.
  2. callahanrickey

callahanrickey Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2011
    I just got off the phone with Farm Innovators. The CSR I spoke with seemed very knowledgeable about the subject. When I told him it wouldn't turn, he quickly asked me if they were Farm Innovator rails..........I told him no, that they were Little Giant rails. He said that is what is causing my problem, that Little Giant rails are not compatible with Farm Innovators 3400 egg turner. So, I have ordered Farm Innovator rails.........did I get scammed??????? I guess we will see in a couple of days!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by