Are Minnie and Henry bantams?

reveriereptile

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Northern NY
They will be a year old at the end of May. They are both WLR Cornish. I got them from with a rarest of the rare assortment from Murry McMurry (spelling?) The list of breeds they could be didn't say anything about bantams. I was just wondering if they were slow growing or if they were bantams. They are my favorite cause of them being small so I pick them up often and Henry follows me a lot.

Here's Henry.
henry.jpg

Here's Henry and Minnie along with a dirty Cochin that is the same age. I just put them outside a couple days ago so they are still cleaning up since the barn pen was dirty.
mh.jpg

Here's a few more for size comparison.

Minnie and a Barred Rock roo.
mbr.jpg

Henry cleaning his butt.
flock.jpg

Minnie again.
mflock.jpg

Last edited:
That is good. Less likely for her to end up getting eaten. Also if we ever have to get rid of her we have a friend that has some other type of bantam cornish chickens. I carry her around for a short time about like you see celebrities carrying their small dogs around. She doesn't mind being held for a minute or if you have food or water in front of her even longer. She does get pecked on since she is smaller but not as much as the bigger ones. I figured she was a bantam especially when she would stand under the turkeys or other large chickens when she was cold or it was raining. Henry is a funny bird also as far as he doesn't like to walk in mud. He will hold his foot up in the air or while walking sometimes lifts his feet up high with each step. The first picture of him he has his foot up in the air.

Back
Top Bottom