Are my BR's really Marans????????

mbleily

Crowing
13 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Idaho
I have been thinking the two hens I have that are black and white are barred rocks. I kept waiting for the bars to be more pronounced. Today I looked at them really close and their legs are not yellow! They have a pink/white look to them. The Domonique that I thought was a barred rock for a long time....has very yellow legs and it is very easy to see the difference.

maran.jpg

I have two like this one. I am so hoping they are marans. ;}

While I am at it does this look like a roo to you?? They are going on 9 weeks here. HE/she doesn't act rooish yet but the other one isn't this red around the waddles and face.

trukroo.jpg

If it IS a BR it sure looks alot different than any I have had, as far as poor barring. I can't see the head well enough to give my opinion.

Quote:
WOO WOO!! I am so glad. I was happy with barred rocks but elated that they are Marans. If my SIL got a rooster out of hers I may cope a trade for something. LOL

Quote:
I love them too! I am the only one in my family that like them. Everyone makes fun of them and me. LOL I don't care they are sweet birds and my birds and I can like them if I want to!!
Thanks I thought she was until I saw that picture. It really doesn't seem like the comb is large enough for a boy. Anyway I am really hoping. I already have 5 roos and don't know what I am going to do with them all.

Quote:
I am so glad. Thanks so much for you input. It is really a surprise for me. I was sure they were BR until I looked at them today. It was like a bolt out of the blue to see the legs looking white to me. Do they change as they get older??? I swear they looked the same as the dominiques legs to start.

Back
Top Bottom