1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

are my chickens comedians ???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by old geezer, Sep 27, 2010.

1. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    [​IMG]...ever since i built the add on addition for dela the delaware , weezer the wyandotte in the old run runs to one end of the run and does a chicken dance [​IMG] , runs back to the starting point and does another dance [​IMG]....she does this 5 or 6 times and then just struts arround---something to do with the new coop an run [​IMG]..................i haven't gotten down to the feed store yet , so dela and her sister dottie have been eating out of a bamboo sald bowl ,it's linda lite ....when empty , dela picksu up the bowl and walks arround with it ?????funny as heck:weee , i can't get my 2 furball dogs to do that when their dish is empty [​IMG]

2. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    There is nothing better than watching Chicken TV. Aren't they a hoot? It sounds like you have some little hams! Enjoy their antics.

3. Ravishaw

Ravishaw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    this morning i brought out some pasta on a paper plate and was feeding the girls one piece at a time between my fingers. Hens are accurate most of the time, but accuracy decrases as # of hens increases. So my fingers got pecked-a-plenty.

One of my mischevious barred rocks pulled a fat albert and jumped up on the plate, spilling pasta all over the porch. I dropped the plate to see what would happen...

Wouldn't you know it but an easter egger picked it up in her beak and took off in a dead sprint. Something that big and white caught attention for all the hens in the yard... Pretty soon they were all chasing her around the yard... and you can imagine her drumsticks chopping as the ran, head down and tilted to the side as she held on to this paper plate for dear life! Oh it was a hoot. None of the hens realized that the pasta (with artichoke hearts in it) was still on the ground at my feet. ]

After a few minutes, one of the barred rocks, realized that the plate was empty, and ran back to me and started gobbling up the pasta. This brought the others sprinting back, and the EE'r dropped the plate and joined in.

Then they all stood around growling at eachother.

They're very, VERY funny little boogers to watch.

4. franklinstreetwest

franklinstreetwest Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2010
    Urban Jungle
    Chicken T.V. is my favorite channel! I think it's my spouses as well, but he would NEVER admit it.

5. old geezer

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    chicken TV , that is a hoot [​IMG], i never heard that before...........i am new to having chickens---i wish i had done this so much earlier in my life--[​IMG]-----i sometimes sit in the lawn chair with a mug of coffee and just watch the show-[​IMG]--you all are so right --it's a joy--my wife has started also---dela is now her favorite....[​IMG]

6. J.Pryce

J.Pryce Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Ypsilanti
    I think RFD-TV ought to do a chicken show- they have programs on horses, cattle, honeybees, etc

7. old geezer

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    J.Pryce :

I think RFD-TV ought to do a chicken show- they have programs on horses, cattle, honeybees, etc

rfd-tv....?never heard of it or seen anything about it---can you give me the the what , where , and when on tv---thanks​

8. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    I too love chicken TV. Always comedies with some drama thrown it for variety.

9. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Lordy. Any time I can spend watching the chickens, I do so. I sit out there with a diet Pepsi or a cup of coffee and watch 'em and talk to 'em and pat those who come jump up to be next to me, carry on silly conversations with 'em....

"What's on your foot, Betsy?"
    "Birk?"
    "Your foot, come here, let me see it."
    "Buk buck."
    "Okay, fine. Walk around in it."
    "Buk."

"Charlie, won't she squat for you? Doesn't she know what a handsome fellow you are?"
    "Err a ERRR err!"
    "Oooh, good one! Need one more syllable, though."

"Buk buk buk buk buk."
    "What, Lacey? You don't think Charlie is a handsome enough fella to squat for him?"
    "Buk buk."

"Grrrrrrrrrrrr."
    "Uh oh, what's around, Carl. Oh! That's an airplane."

"Gack gackgackgack GACK!"
    "You're a silly duck, Louie. Where's your wife?"
    "Gackgackgackgackgackgackgack."

10. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    They definitely keep you guessing .Wish I had more maybe next year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by