are my chickens going to die?

hippiechickadee

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 22, 2014
Upstate NY
3 days ago I noticed one of my girls sneezing.

2 days ago she sounded slightly congested.

Yesterday I notice other sneezing. Today they were all congested and gurgly when they breath.

I put antibiotics in their water.

Are they going to die? :(

no discharge from eyes or nose.

If you have any that are still healthy seclude them from the sickly... This sounds not to bad than what it can actually be, there might be some sickness goin on in your flock but for the most part they should be fine. Keep up with the antibiotics and this should pass in a few days. Always think positive
1f600.png

If it gets worse you can use Tylan injections but not sure about the water antibiotics in combination. Once finished with the water treatment, if any are still sick you can do Tylan injections. Tylan works for pretty much any respiratory thing w/ chickens, and it works fast! I don't remember dosage, since it's been years since I used it. We lost all our birds to predators and started over a couple years later, and thankfully no illness yet to deal with other than cocci.

So I started them on antibiotic (in their water) on Friday. The sneezing went through the whole flock, some going from sneezing to congested (crackly breathing) others just a few sneezes and nothing further.

They seem to be doing better! One still sounds congested in his breathing but it's not worse and the others seemed to have improved!

Thanks to you guys for keeping me calm. :)

Back
Top Bottom