Are my chickens too young

Patricia Jane

Songster
9 Years
Oct 28, 2010
Petaluma CA
I have 10 chickens. 4 that are alittle over a year, 2 who are abt. 5 mo and 4 that are abt. 4 1/2 mo. I know the 4 abt a yr. I can worm but are the other 6 too young? Also I would really like to get Valzaben but both my husband and I are unemployed and really can't afford that much of an expense but I hear that othing else works. Is this true or is there something. I have read where someone uses one product then uses another in abt 10 days.

Quote:
You can use Safeguard equine paste. Your feed store should carry it in the equine section. It's administered orally. Dosage is a "pea" size amount given to each chicken, a small "pea" size amount given to smaller chickens. It best to put it on a small piece of bread and give a piece to each chicken. It's best to seperate them and give them a piece of bread one at a time. If you dont, they will steal the bread from each other then you wont know which ones got dosed or not. Repeat in 10 days to kill larva hatched from eggs. There's a 24 day withdrawal start to finish.
19157_11504.jpg

Back
Top Bottom