Are my chicks going to hatch? Please help!

chickhatch

Chirping
Jul 22, 2022
it Is my first time incubating eggs. I have made it to lockdown 10 out of 12 eggs successfully developing and no troubles. I had one mess up on day 18 (I put my silkie eggs into lockdown on day 17), I accidentally pumped the incubator and sent the eggs rolling. I quickly placed them all back and left the incubator because there was nothing I could after that. I have been think about for a few days now (currently day 20) and I am scared I have messed up my eggs. I have seen no movement (from out side the incubator) and I can’t hear and peeping. Can I candle my eggs or is that running the risk of shrink wrapping ? Should I just wait and see what happens? I have had my incubator for ages now and when I was younger I used to to hatch eggs but it has been so long. I have read up on every article and I can’t seem to find any answers, I have kept my humid throughout incubation around 55% and have raised it to 65% during lockdown. Have I messed up?
thank you

Honestly from my experience I wouldn't take them out to candle on lockdown as u said big risk of shrink wrapping which happened to me I'd just keep a watchful eye and ear for nw but that's my personal opinion xxx

What model of incubator do you have and did you calibrate it? Remember, day 1 of incubation is the day after you set them. Yes, you can candle without any ill affects if you're quick. Pictures would help if possible.

Back
Top Bottom