Are My Chicks Sexlinks or not?

Christiancowboy

In the Brooder
May 27, 2022
I crossed my Red Hackle Feathered, Black Breasted Ameraucana Rooster over my Barred Rock/Cochin Hens. The chicks started hatching. Six of the chicks are a dark greyish color with a large white streaking spot on their heads, and are black legged. The other chick is totally bright yellow with yellow legs.
My question is are they considered to be Sexlinks, or not?

Last edited:
I crossed my Red Hackle Feathered, Black Breasted Ameraucana Rooster over my Barred Rock/Cochin Hens. The chicks started hatching. Six of the chicks are a dark greyish color with a large white streaking spot on their heads, and are black legged. The other chick is totally bright yellow with yellow legs.
My question is are they considered to be Sexlinks, or not?
Are the cochins barred?

Yes, the barred Rock/Cochin Hens are barred. One lays a regular brown eggs like a pure barred Rock. Those are the eggs so far that have hatched with the black greyish chicks with the white streaking spot on their heads. The other hens lay dark green and dark greenish brown eggs. It was one of these eggs that the yellow chick hatched from. So, I'm thinking the brown egg layer may be pure barred rock or close to it. While the others are barred Cochin crosses. Either way, it's fun seeing what's hatching off.

Back
Top Bottom