Are my cookies better because our eggs are better?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by TN Henny Penny, Aug 13, 2011.

1. TN Henny Penny

TN Henny Penny Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2011
    I'm looking for validation. I know that we LOVE our fresh eggs from our very own hens. I think my chocolate chip cookies are better. I'm using the recipe printed on the chocolate chip bag and every other ingredient is the same. Am I just living in a fresh egg obsessed oblivion or is there an attribute of fresh eggs that makes baked products better?

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    My vote is on the eggs. I know that good food requires good ingredients and I think my egg bread is fantastic.

3. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I've known several people who don't raise chickens but will buy farm eggs just for baking. They claim that the baked products are far superior to those made with (gag, yuk) store-bought eggs. Couldn't prove that by my baking; my pound cakes can be used as door stops.

4. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    it makes sense to me that the cookies would be better. the eggs are fresher and more healthy to begin with so yeah I vote eggs...

ah man ,. now I want chocolate chip cookies..

pink

6. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    It's the eggs I also use duck eggs for cookies and goose egg for cakes.

7. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    Quote:do i want to know what a black soldier fly is and why you raise them???? ewwwww:sick

Pink

8. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I have a question about chocolate chip cookies. When you make them, what do you use as a fat? I'm having a heck of a time with them spreading and coming out crispy. I am currently using Crisco, but am thinking that maybe butter of some sort would be a tastier option.

9. TN Henny Penny

TN Henny Penny Out Of The Brooder

Jan 22, 2011
    Quote:I use unsalted butter. I also take them out just as soon as the edges are browned b/c my family likes the cookies to be the softer, chewier kind of cookie.

10. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    Any food you make/raise/grow yourself tastes better than store bought. It maybe a placebo effect but that doesn't make it any less real.

MY, tomatoes etc. are going to taste better to ME than anybody elses.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by