are my duck eggs trying to hatch ???????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Daniel_2kaii9, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Daniel_2kaii9

Daniel_2kaii9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    South Wales
    hey, are my duck eggs trying to hatch video below of duckling trying to get thro the air cell ???

plssss answer asap couse if thay are i need to put them in to lockdown!!!!!!!!!! (dont know how old thay are thats why thay aint in lockdown)

[​IMG]

thanks!

~Daniel~

2. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

*bump*

3. SarahIrl

SarahIrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    When did you set them in the incubator?

4. Daniel_2kaii9

Jun 16, 2009
    South Wales
    about 2 weeks ago i think

5. SarahIrl

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    That egg is ready. It's bulging the air sac. Your other eggs will do just fine if you lockdown now, are you laying them all flat? Or in cartons? If I were you, put the eggs - chickens and ducks - into cartons, pointy end down, and put a book under one end of the bator. Put the humidity up. Put the book under the other end tomorrow. It will stop the duck eggs moving too much, but keep a little movement for the chickens. They are for lockdown Friday, right? End of day 17?

6. Daniel_2kaii9

Jun 16, 2009
    South Wales
    my chicken eggs go into lockdown in 2 days and these duck eggs that are trying to get thro the air cell i dont know when thay go into lockdown but it looks like i should put them in lockdown right now yeah??

and what should the humidity be for the duck eggs in lockdown ?

7. SarahIrl

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Lock the whole lot down, the chickens should be ok. 65% is good for my hatching, but dampen the duck eggs, not the chicken eggs, first. Then sit back and wait.

8. Daniel_2kaii9

Jun 16, 2009
    South Wales
    i got a hatcher i can put the 2 duck eggs that are trying to get thro the air cell and my humidity is 60 in the hatcher shall i try up it abit ?

and put a little water on the 2 duck eggs isit ?

9. kid-n-chickens

kid-n-chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2010
    Yes you should up the humidity to at least 65-70% Ducks require a little higher humidity than others b/c of the prolonged hatching, after a duck egg pips which looks like will be very soon it will take up to three days for them to hatch dont hurry them they take a lot longer than chickens and even after there head it out they take longer for the rest of the body to come out. So as if I havent said it enough they take a lot longer to hatch and get fully out than a chicken after they Pip. Just forewarning you b/c for 3 days I was worried I had messed the whole thing up so just be patient and good luck. They will get very attached to you if you play with them a lot my kids did and they would follow them anywhere! GOOD LUCK!!!

10. Daniel_2kaii9

Jun 16, 2009
    South Wales
    1 problem.........my humidity in my hatcher will not move from 60

plus i need to put my 2 chicken eggs in lockdown tomorrow at 12 in the day so could i candle my 2 duck eggs again tonight to see if thay have got thro the air cell ?

and put my 2 chicken eggs and 2 duck eggs in lockdown tomorrow with humidity at 60 ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by