1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Are my eggs fine? *URGENT*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by thatduckguyy, Aug 15, 2011.

1. thatduckguyy

thatduckguyy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    I asked a question not to long ago about one of my eggs that pipped. Well another one pipped and its facing the bottom.. thats 2 facing the bottom.
    Look: [​IMG]

These are the ONLY ones that havent made ay progress since yesterday I think it is because they cant get through the shell. I want to know if I should flip them on their side so the pip is facing up, then bump the humidity back up. Is this fine? Thanks!

2. mathesonfarm

mathesonfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2010
    New York
    Are they peeping inside or moving around?

3. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    They will be fine that way. If you can see the pip, they are able to get air. Remember the cheer, GO DUCKIES [​IMG] HATCH'EM OUT [​IMG] HATCH'EM OUT [​IMG] WAY OUT [​IMG] GOOOOOO DUCKIES [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Make sure your humidity is high enough for ducks, add water through vent holes. [​IMG]
    Michele

4. thatduckguyy

Jul 25, 2011
    Quote:Yes they are. Not moving much but peeping like crazy

5. skillswife

skillswife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    SW Montana
    Not sure but I think i have said this before. Peep and quack at them, if nothing else turn on some tunes for them. When they hear you they think you are mommy/daddy duck and usually make more effort to get out. At 24 from first noticing the pips then I would personally intervene in the case that they possibly shrinkwrapped. But you absolutely need to make sure none of the others have pipped and open the bator in a humid location such as the bathroom and slowly work one egg at a time. None of my ducks made a speedy exit and it made for a tense hatching, but thats just ducks I think. There are lots of threads about helping shrinkwrapped chicks which will also apply to ducks if you get to that point and decided to intervene. Hang in there!

6. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Yes they are. Not moving much but peeping like crazy

I think they are going to be fine. I can't wait to hatch ducks. I'm so excited for you. Gooooo Duckies [​IMG]

7. thatduckguyy

Jul 25, 2011
    Quote:ok, i have been whistling at them they are whistling back [​IMG]

8. thatduckguyy

Jul 25, 2011
    I know this is a random question guys. guy is there anything I can do to stop my viewing window from fogging up? I am trying to see watch them but it is very hard to see. Any suggestions?

9. KatieBugg

KatieBugg Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    Holts Summit, MO
    Quote:I use RainX antifog on my bator window, works wonders!!! You can't do it until after this hatch tho, and let it air out and dry very well before using the bator again. Between hatches I clean the glass VERY well and reapply. I might add, mine is a homemade batore and I have real glass in it, I am not sure how it would work with the Styro bators plastic windows?

10. mathesonfarm

mathesonfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2010
    New York
    I think if they are still showing life inside to leave them for at least a little while longer. Some take longer than others to start zipping. Did they actually break through the membrane itself or did they just break the shell? My first one that pipped, only broke the shell and tried soooooo hard to get through the membrane but couldnt so I did help by putting a VERY small pinhole in it to help him along. He did WONDERFUL after that! Please keep us all updated on what is going on!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by