Are my eggs ok!?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ultimatecluck, Apr 16, 2016.

1. ultimatecluck

ultimatecluck Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2016
    Hello!! Please help! My eggs are in an incubator (it is day 6) and when I candle them I see everything except veins!!! Why?? Is it normal? I have 7 eggs. Also, if I am out and my chicks hatch, will they die inside the incubator? My incubator is very small. [​IMG]

2. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG]

I think I have seen this before [​IMG]

So I will ask you if you see anything at all even a little spot that would be the creation of the heart [​IMG]

Next please join the April Hatch-Along just type it in the search box at the top of the page and jump right in and you will find others who use the smaller incubators and you will receive lots of guidance along the way to becoming the happy owner of a box of chicks [​IMG]

You should have plenty of room as the egg shells will be plenty bridle come hatch time [​IMG]

3. ultimatecluck

ultimatecluck Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2016
    Oh Thankyou!! Yes I've seen a dot in one or two--- A HEART?! YAYYYYY!!!!!!! <3

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

1 person likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    BYC has a candling thread - that shows what you would see at certain days. If you put "Candling chart," in the search box I think it would come up. I have never incubated eggs so can't be of any help. Sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by