are my girls golden comets?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pinkwindsong, May 16, 2011.

1. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    hi everyone. my girls are 8 weeks old and are really coming into themselves they were in a mix barrel at TSC the closest I can figure is golden comets.. their back half of their bodies are a really pretty cream color.
    this is Dixie she is a lighter red/gold
    [​IMG]

whynonna is the red in the back .. sorry not a close up.. but she also has the cream backend and she is a deeper richer red than dixie.

[​IMG]

thanks for input )O(Pink

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Yep, I'd say you are right! I have some too, and they're great little laying machines! You'll be pleased as punch!

3. RJ3

RJ3 Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2011
    Northern wi
    They are so pretty! I have 3 that look very similar to this. I bought them at TSC as well. I've looked at tons of pictures trying to make an educated guess at what I might have, my conclusion? Golden comets! Im glad to see I was in the right ball park and now I won't need to upload my own pictures [​IMG] thank you pinkwindsong!

4. pinkwindsong

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    I really like them Dixie is very smart. and sneeky.. hahaha... shes the color of Ga and SC red clay so Dixie then last night I was calling her to the coop and called out "Dixie chick".. and ha.. that works too... hadnt thoughtof it before... of course my favorite chicken name was by a byc'er that names one of his hens.. Princess Laya.. too funny love to hear what they name their chickens.. but that was a good one..
    )O(
    Pink

5. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Yup, those girlies are Golden Comets! I have 5 myself, and not a one of them have the exact same pattern! They're very docile, and love to follow me around the yard. You'll love them!

6. Sassafras

Sassafras Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2011
    N.H.
    My most affectionate pullet is a Golden Comet. She is daring too. She will fly up to the top of the nest box and fly several feet horizontally across to the roost and vice versa just for the heck of it!

7. fifenashia

fifenashia Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Eastern Kentucky
    My very first brood had one Golden Comet and she was the BEST chicken EVER! She was killed yesterday by a neighbor's lab and I plan to get more Golden's in her memory. By far my favorite breed!

Yours are very beautiful:D

8. pinkwindsong

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    Quote:Im sorry for your loss. I know some people would say..:"it was just a stupid chicken" but I know that they are much more than just chicken or stupid animals.. they all have little personalities and they make you smile after along day and they're allways glad to see you .. and they dont immediately say.." whats for dinner" . what more can you ask for..

)O(
    Pink

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by