Are my Girls OK?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Huckleberry Fin, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Huckleberry Fin

Huckleberry Fin New Egg

Feb 27, 2013
    Hello, hope someone can help me. My R.R. hens to me seem to be on the smaller size than I think they should. All I've ever treatedthem with is a dusting to keep lice away, feed them Layer pellets and scraps and the normal landscape and bugs, and Iput apple cider vinegar in their drinking water. I try to steer clear of vacins etc...but wasn't sure if there was something I should have gave them in there younger days. They are only a year old, seem to eat fine, lay good, checked them for mites (no mites) any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Fin

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Doesn't sound as if they have any problems whatsoever. Some strains/families of chickens are genetically smaller than others.vv[​IMG]

3. salt and pepper

salt and pepper Chillin' With My Peeps

You probably just have a smaller strain, some birds just don't get as large.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  4. Huckleberry Fin

Huckleberry Fin New Egg

Feb 27, 2013
    ok thanks you guys...would you recomment any other treatments for my new clutch in aspects of vaccinations or worming other than the vinegar, I'd like to go as natural as possible but am open if its will make them healthier,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by