Are my girls true breeds? (Pics included)

I have all these same "production" birds. My pure birds are different breeds, but your BO looks just like mine, your EE, BR, BA too lol I love my birds, and think they are great. Super friendly & have the cutest personalities. My pure birds are only 20wks but they just dont seem as friendly(and i heard the cochin is suppose to be). I think you have awesome birds!!

Well now except for the EE I can't really say but I will say whether pure or otherwise makes no difference. You just like them cuz they're chickens. I've got pure and mixed but they all give me just as much pleasure.

Because they're yours that makes them worth everything.

I wish you the best,

Rancher

I am thinking your BR is not a BR...her leg color throws me off a bit...
68634_dsc_0245.jpg

here is a shot of my 3 girls....maybe I am wrong, but I have never seen a BR with greyish legs....
I suppose leg color is a minor detail, anyone else?

Hatchery BR's often have grey or black on their legs. Regardless, if the soles are yellow, she's a Barred Rock.
smile.png

That's good information. I will have to attempt to check her soles to see if they are yellow. They are great birds and I was just wondered. This guy was advertising true breeds so I just wondered if he was selling true breeds. Sounds like sometimes hatchery birds that are sold as true breeds are sometimes not. Hmm. Thats something to leopard in mind I guess if you are ever wanting an authentic breed standard bird.

Back
Top Bottom