1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are my Golden Laced roos??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by frstchknz, Jun 13, 2011.

1. frstchknz

frstchknz Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2011
    I"m going to attempt to post pictures. I hope you can help me. They are 13 weeks old.
    Man is it hard to take pictures of chickens!!![​IMG]

ok.. I know there's a way to do this. I've seen zillions of pics on here. I see no instruction.. what am I missing? help please [​IMG]

2. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    First, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] To post pictures, you need to go to uploads on the menu bar, browse for a picture on your computer, and submit. Once it's finished loading you'll copy and paste the image adress on to your post. Good luck! [​IMG]

3. frstchknz

Mar 16, 2011
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

copy and paste..... ARRRGHHH.... [​IMG]
    found the instructions [​IMG]

hope it works
    thank you [​IMG]

4. frstchknz

Mar 16, 2011
    Zaxby's2 :

First, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] To post pictures, you need to go to uploads on the menu bar, browse for a picture on your computer, and submit. Once it's finished loading you'll copy and paste the image adress on to your post. Good luck! [​IMG]

thank you for your fast reply Zaxby [​IMG] I found the instructions. I figured out the part to get them uploaded.. but then didn't know how to get them on the message.. yeesh...
    You are so kind [​IMG]

5. Zaxby's2

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    Thanks, glad to see that it worked for you. [​IMG] How old are they? Despite the small combs they're looking more like roosters. Beautiful ones at that. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  6. frstchknz

Mar 16, 2011
    Zaxby's2 :

Thanks, glad to see that it worked for you. [​IMG] How old are they? Despite the small combs they're looking more like roosters. Beautiful ones at that. [​IMG]

they are 13 weeks​

7. allieloveschickens

allieloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    San Diego
    Their combs and wattles are not very large or red, though they do have some funny tail feathers- I'm going to say pullets.

8. Zaxby's2

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    Quote:they are 13 weeks

Oh, woops, forgot you mentioned that in the first post. [​IMG] In that case the first pic looks like two pullets, the second pic a pullet, the third possibly a roo, the fourth is hard to tell and the last two pics are of a rooster. Where did you get them from? I love the lacing. [​IMG]

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I am guessing roos. It looks like saddle feathers?

10. frstchknz

Mar 16, 2011
    thank you for your replies..
    I got them at TSC in march. at 2 days old. I got the other red pullets at the same time. I just couldn't resist those cute little black ones [​IMG]

The first 4 pictures are of the same two chickens. The 5th and 6th are the third chicken.

I think picture 3 and 4 are the same chicken... they sure move around a lot when you're trying to get a picture.. LOL

I had a feeling they were roos.. I'm really hoping and hoping.. and hoping.. they aren't all roos. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by