Are my Ladies actually Gentlemen?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by DragonEggs, Jun 14, 2010.

1. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Songster

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    These are the only babies that have survived the last batch I purchased (most got severe fowl pox). I was told all the birds I bought that day were young pullets (except the polish which was unsure because of how plucked it was). Im beginning to wonder though (with my luck) If they might actually all be cockerels. normally I would keep them anyway but I had to move to a place that is not so accepting of roosters. Things have been so hectic I havent been able to keep track of how old they are either. Can anyone provide some insight as to the specific breeds of the first to (I know the last is a silver lace polish), their sex and how old they might be? I've become pretty attached to this trio and they are very affectionate with me, I'd REALLY hate to have to get rid of any of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Articuno almost 2 weeks ago

[​IMG]

Articuno about a week ago.

[​IMG]

Articuno today

Pretty sure Articuno is an Old English Splash

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moltres about a week ago (his/her head use to be completely brown, now all those white feathers are coming out)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moltres today

Pretty sure Moltres is also some kind of Old English

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Zapdos (silver laced polish) about a week ago.

ANNNNND Just throwin it out there, but we're pretty sure cockerel on this little guy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Crowing

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I think Articuno is the only pullet. Yes she is a Splash OEG and Moltres is a Spangled OEG

3. charlieschickens

charlieschickens Songster

May 20, 2008
    I think they are all males.

4. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    the names all fit them great LOL

5. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Songster

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    Quote:Thank you Pidgey [​IMG] Now I need a name for the frizzle. How bout Lugia? [​IMG]

6. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I don't know he kind of looks like a Fearow [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  7. De

De Songster

Apr 9, 2008
    Camden,AR
    I love the frizzle turken...did you breed him if so what was the breeding......

8. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Songster

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    Quote:He was a lucky catch at the last chicken swap. Doesn't he look special? I'm not sure how you breed to get one but I bet if you ask around on the forums someone knows (and then you can tell me!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by