Are my lavender orpingtons males or females??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kaylabeans28, May 6, 2016.

1. kaylabeans28

kaylabeans28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2015
    Woodstock, IL
    [​IMG]

We just bought these two yesterday and they claimed that they were 5-6 weeks old. I hope that they're pullets, because they also claimed they were 98% sure that they were. Thank you in advance!

2. Angie8eggs

Angie8eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2012
    Oh my gosh!!! I want them!! :th :love So far the bottom one looks like a pullet, the top one I want to say 90% pullet. I would love it if I had one of each. As a matter of fact, I think I am gojng to order some! :lol:

3. CherriesBrood

CherriesBrood Chicken Photographer

X2

4. kaylabeans28

Feb 25, 2015
    Woodstock, IL
    Thank you! I'm going to post a better picture of them individually if that would help? The one is getting little red/pink wattles.. I wish I could've just ordered them but everywhere I find them they're out, you have to order a billion of them or they only come straight run. They're beautiful and super sweet and friendly too so far!

5. Angie8eggs

Apr 17, 2012
    Yes, I better face shot would help a lot. :) I have a bunch of chicks coming in two weeks, I am going to see if the hatchery carries them. My luck it would be all Roo's. :rolleyes: Whenever you get the chance post a few more and we will have a look. [​IMG]

6. littlegreywolf

littlegreywolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2016
    Southwest Texas
    I'd say they are definitely pullets. If they are really 5-6 wks old, they would have more of a developed comb by now if they were roosters. :) They're lovely!

7. kaylabeans28

Feb 25, 2015
    Woodstock, IL
    Thanks! I'll post a better view of them in a couple of hours due to running errands for feed and whatnot for everyone!

1 person likes this.
  8. Angie8eggs

Apr 17, 2012
    I totally get where you are coming from! :D

9. kaylabeans28

Feb 25, 2015
    Woodstock, IL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These I just took right now.. I have a bad feeling that they're both males.. And I really need females. Also, do you think that they're really 5-6 weeks of age?? Thank you in advance!

10. Angie8eggs

Apr 17, 2012
    Well, shoot. The 3rd pic, the one up close does look like a Roo. I myself, am not certain about the other. It goes more toward cockerel, but then I scratch my head. :oops:. I REALLY hope you don't have two Roo's. Their age, to me, does look to be around 6 weeks.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by