Are my Muscovies boys or girls?

LOL, we have 1 girl who refuses to let any of the drakes walk behind her. She spins around quickly and yells at them to move away.

LOL! well a funny story, one of the drakes was chasing his sister.. and she ran right over and past one of the mature ducks.. well, holy heck.. he stopped dead in his tracks when dusty(mature duck) did a turnabout and left.. i didn't think a drake had brakes, clearly his sister knows where to go
lau.gif

Too funny, our girls will dive under the geese and run through my legs to stop another from getting them.

LOL! yeah mine don't come to me.. their in between tame, kwim? i can lift them up if i have too but really we are mostly hands off.. those drakes you have to run such a fine balance with(as you know) and of coarse we have no geese.

Sorry Celtic, I see now where you were talking about leg thickness. I havent heard any hissing,but I have heard some huff noise, most of the time I hear a soft "cooing". They all huddle up and it's like they are having a conversation, very cute. I guess I will just have to wait until they start mating to find out what I have, which is fine. For now though, I am really enjoying them, I love to sit out on the swing and watch them, they are so laid back and cool.

Thanks everyone for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom