are my muscovies gonna lay any more eggs this year they already didTHO

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by tsc11, Jul 29, 2011.

1. tsc11

tsc11 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2011
    we have been having really nice weather soo i was wondering if my ducks would have babies again ????

2. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I sure hope my girl does. She got a late start (June 23) then was doing good laying nearly every day. We had 11 days of high 90's (before heat index ) and she totally quit. I hope she starts laying again and the younger girls start in too.

3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    How old are you girls? Have they been laying regularly?

My girls are still laying and babies are still hatching. I have 4 girls on eggs right now. Looking forward to about 40 more babies soon. I'm finding eggs all over the place. Sometimes it's a pain. [​IMG]

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    My Muscovies are still laying and would be sitting if I could let them [​IMG] But they will lay till September here.

5. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    my dad's girl had some eggs hatch and we had to take the ducklings, one week later she started laying again and is brooding on this set of eggs too [​IMG]

6. bwmichaud

bwmichaud Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    They should still lay since the weather is nice and the days are long. They usually won't stop until it gets cooler and the days get shorter.

7. tsc11

tsc11 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2011
    how can i tell if shes gonna lay more eggs

8. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Well she'll go into the duck house and sit for a while. Then either she will get through and leave, then you go get the egg or she'll continue to sit and you have a broody. I would think as long as she is getting a healthy diet and has acsess to nesting places she will continue to lay till cool weather comes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by