Are my Rouen's females??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by SilkieCRZYness, Jun 4, 2010.

1. SilkieCRZYness

SilkieCRZYness Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    Can someone help me they are 3-4 months old
    [​IMG]

2. hollywoodchick

hollywoodchick Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2010
    they look like my girls!

3. Happyflower

Happyflower Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2009
    Midwest
    All rouens look like this when they have their first feathers. It is hard to tell from the picture, do you have more of a chose up of the face and tail ends?

4. blissdragon

blissdragon Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2010
    Eugene
    Do they quack or rasp?

5. Kim65

Kim65 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Washington state
    I got three straight run Rouens from the feedstore. At about six weeks, one had a lighter olive colored bill and the other two darker bills. One of the darker billed ducklings had already begun to quack. Then the other dark billed began to quack. The olive billed duckling continued to whispery peep. They are now about 9 or 10 weeks old, definitely two hens and a drake.

The drake does not have a sex feather yet, but the feathers on his rump are dark rathered than pencilled. His blue wing stripe is a greenish blue compared to the girl's blue blue stripe.

I was told here by someone the olive color of his bill meant he was probably a drake. The mature drakes have olive bills, the females darker.

I couldn't tell by behavior, like I could with geese. Ruby and Bella are much more friendly and curious and adventurous than Little Bill.

6. SilkieCRZYness

SilkieCRZYness Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Florida
    Thanks to all for the replys, one defintely has an orange beak and leg. And the other has a brown bill and legs. One does quack super loud and the other not so much. Maybe I have one boy one girl. What age/week does the male get all the colors?

7. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    About 20 weeks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by