Are my silkies show or pet quality? and some questions...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by duck&chickencrazy, Jul 16, 2011.

1. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    I got the 5 blue/black silkies from a breeder close to where I live. I got the white one from tsc. And the other one (not sure what color it is) at wolf lake swap meet. So I am wondering about their quality.

for some reason my computer is not letting me uplad the pictures on the byc upload thing so the pics are on my facebook...here is a link...i think it will only work if you have a facebook sorry...im not sure of another way to upload them...
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/media/set/?set=a.10150316801676075.388519.542391074

but if you look at the photos you can notice that the white one is less fluffy than the rest...is it supposed to be like that?
    they are all about 4 1/2 months old (except for the one that im not sure on the color, does anyone know what to call that color?)
    can anyone tell if they are male or female?

2. racuda

racuda Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    I see 3 blue pullets, 2 blue cockerels, 1 white cocherel and 1 splash pullet.

The blues and splash look like better quality and the white is typical hatchery pet quality.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  3. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    how can you tell which is male and which is female?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by