Are OEG and Modern game Chickens Mean?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by aaronzclark, May 15, 2009.

1. aaronzclark

aaronzclark Chillin' With My Peeps

I really like the look of game chickens to have for fun, do they have attitudes? also I love the look of exotic banties like japenese etc. are they mean

2. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

We have had OEG's and OEGB's and both were very good natured. We have a couple of OEGB hens right now that are kind of touch me nots and we have a beautiful Wheaten OEG Roo that is really quiet and all our girls just love him.

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Never had any, but everyone I know who has swears that Modern Games are extremely sweet. I know of a 3-year old girl who sleeps with her modern game (hen I think) on her pillow every night.

4. Umbral_Necropolitan

Umbral_Necropolitan Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2009
    Bakersfield, California
    I've seen OEG be nice to other birds or be mean, depends on their personality. Had one that was so sweet with his girl, giving her food and such while another one would peck the hens and chicks if they got close to his food.

5. Hi! I have Modern Game bantams and Japanese and they've all been / are sweeties! I've never had a mean one yet.
    The MGB come out of the shell friendly and they are so darn cute!
    Japanese
    MGB
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

6. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Quote:What color are you Moderns?
    I really like them!

7. DeadGame

DeadGame Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2013
    San Antonio tx
    A good well bread gamerooster isent mean to its owner or to its hens , ever. Some are a little aggressive when people dont know how to handle them some roosters dont appreciate beang handled as much as others

8. ofeycat123

ofeycat123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2015
    i just got some Birchen modern game chicks one male on female (Dragon and Cheddar) [​IMG] both super sweet my female is already flying all over the place [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by