Are polish roosters aggressive?

Mickey Lou 04

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 14, 2013
Are polish rooster generally more aggressive? How are they with other roosters?

I have had a polish rooster but he was pretty good, but I want to make sure he wasn't one in million.

Thanks in advance,
Mickey Lou 04

Polish are usually good. The only concern I would have with them is the top hat. Some of them (not all) need to be trimmed for proper vision so they can protect the flock.

Okay, thanks.

I am not concerned with flock protection as much as I mind how they are towards people.

Okay one more question...... My roo was super gentle with the ladies. Is that normal for the breed?

I did an internet search on this because mine attacked me yesterday. He was flocking my legs because I went in the coop to collect eggs. I think he has to move on. He is a white crested black.

In any breed there is great variability in behavior. Some will be very aggressive, some very gentle. I have found in judging Polish that they generally tend to be gentle but there have been the exceptions that have made me bleed.

I about went off on him. My husband had to come and save me, I couldn't get out the door because he kept flogging me. I didn't want him to get out and get into it with our free range rooster.

Back
Top Bottom