Are Porcelain D'uccles Dark, laced and have black tails in Turkey?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Bantam Username, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Apparently a dark, laced bird with black tail feathers and black feet is a porcelain if you are from Turkey. Is this right?
    I can't find any birds called porcelain with these markings or colour, but am being told to do my research by some guy who insists his bird is a porcelain and that he's been breeding them for 27 years? [​IMG]

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

IDK the answer, but when I searched I found a porcelain turkey. I have had porcelain d'Uccles before. Lovely birds.

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    wish you had a pic but that doesnt sound porc. but i'm from the us

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Yes.

In other countries, Europe included, Porcelain is actually the normal version of our Porcelain. Ours is "Isabel" Porcelain because of the Lavender that affects it, which to us is normal Porcelain. To them, it is Isabel Porcelain. Take the Lavender away and it is Porcelain or Brown Porcelain.

5. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    Quote:do you have any pics? i would love to see them since my searchs pull up "our" porcelain color?

6. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    http://kippenjungle.nl/breeds/selectbreeds.html

Click d'Uccle on the side, and the first color is Porcelain. The second is our Porcelain, to them is Isabel Porcelain.

So sorry, correction, a Porcelain is a spangled bird to them not a laced or such. But still, it isn't our version of Porcelain.

7. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    Quote:thank you [​IMG] . so their porcelain looks like our millie fleur in a way. i just seen some very pretty colors on there

8. Bantam Username

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  9. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Quote:That colouring is quail, not porcelain.

In some countries, what we call mille fleur is called porcelain.

10. Bantam Username

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    When I told him that it wasn't porcelain, he went off on one calling me a child, telling me to do my research, and saying that I was an amatuer who knew nothing. When I still insisted it wasn't porcelain, he started saying that I was sick and needed therapy. Lol. Some people are very odd. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by