Are Salmon Faverolles noisy?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Amanda15, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Amanda15

Amanda15 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2012
    New Jersey
    I'm going to be getting a Salmon Faverolles in the spring, and I'm wondering if she will be noisy? I really can't have a noisy chicken where I live, but a lot of people say that they are noisy :( Are they? Thanks :hugs

2. BunnyMomma

BunnyMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2010
    Olin, North Carolina
    Hi, I have 3 Salmon Faverolles and one SF rooster. I added them to my farm last spring and they have become one of my favorite breeds! Mine don't seem any more noisy than any other breed. I also can say that they are very feed efficient and the three hens started laying about a month ago and sometimes I get 4 or 5 eggs a day from the three of them. I have shut my incubators down for the holiday, but I can't wait to put some of my eggs in when I crank the bator back up in Feb.
    I really like them. I hope this helps.
    I have 17 different breeds on my farm and the SF's are awesome!
    Sincerely, Bunny! [​IMG]

3. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Some of mine are noisy, others aren't. I find it to be an individual thing, rather than a breed thing.

4. Amanda15

Jul 30, 2012
    New Jersey
    Thank you :)

5. Natimus

Natimus Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2012
    Goodyear, Arizona
    I have two. One is quiet and the other started laying last week and has been crowing like a rooster in the morning. They are a great breed. They are like having feathered dogs.

6. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Actually, I have to say that my Faverolles are absolutely the loudest birds I own. They're docile and sweet, but by god, everyone is going to hear a peice of their mind in the the morning. Sometimes they wake me up, and the coop isn't anywhere near my window.

7. Amanda15

Jul 30, 2012
    New Jersey
    I hope mine won't be noisy [​IMG] Thanks

8. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    I have 2 of them and one kinda quiet and the other one is funny she is very weird and she sometimes pecks me (not hard) she is very strange in a good way.

9. mongoose

mongoose Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2012
    I have one. She is quirky and definitely talkative. She's loud when she talks but doesn't talk a whole lot if that makes sense. She's getting closer to laying though, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that her egg song is nothing that will wake the neighbors.

10. Sandiwool

Sandiwool Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2012
    My Salmon Faverolle, Scarlett, is the loudest, most annoying bird I have. She's sweet, just like my other gals but her squawk is screetchy and high pitched, like fingernails down a chalk board. I'm on this site now to find out more about WHY???? she's driving me bonkers!!!! I'm in a neighborhood and I'm sure my neighbors don't appreciate her because I don't and I love my girls!!! I was told this breed was great, that's why I got her, but I don't think I'd get another one being a neighborhood, true backyard chicken owner.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by