1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Are Sebrights good parents

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by sebright raiser, Mar 13, 2013.

1. sebright raiser

sebright raiser Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2013
    My sebrights are at least 1 year old or older an i was wondering do they hacht chick easly by them selfs i read some where that they are bad a hachting eggs it worries me because i want chicks but for her to raise them here are some pics

[​IMG]

2. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Blanket statements like that are useless. There are Sebright hens that are good broodies & Sebright hens that aren't. True of any breed. Granted some breeds like Old English Games are very likely to be good broodies while other breeds like Leghorns are unlikely to be good broodies. However, that doesn't mean that there is never a Leghorn that's a good broody.
    I've had Sebright hens that were very good broodies. I have a friend that raises quite a few Sebrights every year, all hatched & raised by his hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by