are Speckled Sussex sex-linked?

Chicken5555

Songster
Apr 10, 2016
somewhere in the Southern USA
Hello. Are Specked Sussex chicks sex linked? If so, how are the boys different from the girls? I'm asking because I ordered 5 pullets and one looks different from the others - not hugely different, but enough to notice. The one is a bit darker than the other four. Thank you in advance for your advice!

Hello. Are Specked Sussex chicks sex linked? If so, how are the boys different from the girls? I'm asking because I ordered 5 pullets and one looks different from the others - not hugely different, but enough to notice. The one is a bit darker than the other four. Thank you in advance for your advice!
No, they aren't sex-linked.

Ok, so Speckled Sussex are not sexlinked. Thank you all for clarifying that for me. :)

Can you all tell me why one chick from the batch is a little darker and smaller. Four of the five look like the first picture. The second picture shows the fifth chick. Could this one be a few days younger? a slow developer? Any thoughts? Thanks!

I'd say your on the right track. Most likely a slow developer and/or slightly younger. Keep track of it if you can as it grows up and see weather or not its a different sex than its siblings.

Back
Top Bottom