Are Sun Conures Louder than Guinea Fowl

GuineaFowling

Songster
Oct 3, 2013
California
I want to adopt a Sun Conure. I have done my research but everyone keeps advising me not to get one as they are extremely loud.How loud exactly is extremely loud? I have been around cockatoos and macaws and I know how loud they are, especially when your not giving them attention. Are they louder than cockatoos and macaws? I have guinea fowl but to many my guineas are oddly quiet for guinea fowl. They are 6 years old so they are more quiet but when they want to be loud they are as loud as guineas can get. Are sun conures louder than guineas. I visited my local petstore to see the sun conures they have and they were relatively quiet. Nowhere near as loud as cockatoos or even my guineas. I seen a video on youtube though, and the conure was screaming really loud. It was a shrill, high-pitched, scream. Not very pleasant to the ears.The guineas at least have a nice sounding scream.

I dont mind if the birds loud just as long as its not loud all the time. I decided not to adopt the blue and gold macaw at my local feed store because it was screaming all the time (and it bites).

Any thoughts or advice?

Why do I want this bird?

I know someone who is in dire need of rehoming their conure and since I am looking for an indoor pet I thought it would be nice. Of course, I dont plan on getting the bird until I have everything set up and know all the ups and downs.

Hi there. I have a sun conure and they are amazing little birds. Yes they can be very noisy but given enough attention and toys they are pretty quiet. They do get excited and scream when you get home from work or first get up in the morning, but they don't scream all day.

We also have an eclectus and he is much louder than our sun conure when he is screaming away. lol

Sun conures are fun goofy birds and i love ours to bits.

_MG_7359.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, yours is adorable. I couldn't find any. The person who had one found a home for hers already. I want to a flee market and they had blue cheek and jenday conures. One of the Jendays was very curious about my finger, as the others flew away it came up and slowly tried to bite me. It was adorable. I seen some beautiful fiery Rosella's though.

Back
Top Bottom