Are the eggs fertilized do their parts fit ?

Char93

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2021
Hi everyone,
So I have ended up with two barred rock roosters. They were hatched April 12 and started breeding behaviour two weeks ago. But I have serama hens which have accidentally ended up with the roosters trying to breed on them a couple of times. It feels wrong to me but I thought I would ask you. Are my hens eggs now fertilized. Like can they even breed together cause the rooster is at least 4 times her size. We would never intentionally breed them but seeing as it’s already happened I’m just wondering if we could try hatching their eggs? I don’t really know how chicken breeding works but it feels like their parts would not match up. ?We really love the serama breed and don’t know anyone near us with a serama rooster so what’s the harm in a cross breed if they’ve already bread?ive attached photos of me holding our serama hens and our smaller rooster just for size reference

Attachments

• FDDD5E77-50B3-4B0B-96F3-93CEF232BA90.jpeg
    FDDD5E77-50B3-4B0B-96F3-93CEF232BA90.jpeg
    827.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 9F30E4EB-B8B6-43B4-AF59-0D1F7999E7FD.jpeg
    9F30E4EB-B8B6-43B4-AF59-0D1F7999E7FD.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 13
If they manage to make contact, the eggs will be fertile. Do an onsite search on 'bullseye fertility'. I would be concerned that as the roosters become larger there is the potential for injury to your hens.
Yes we never bred them on purpose and they are separate now as we don’t want the hens injured

Hi everyone,
So I have ended up with two barred rock roosters. They were hatched April 12 and started breeding behaviour two weeks ago. But I have serama hens which have accidentally ended up with the roosters trying to breed on them a couple of times. It feels wrong to me but I thought I would ask you. Are my hens eggs now fertilized. Like can they even breed together cause the rooster is at least 4 times her size. We would never intentionally breed them but seeing as it’s already happened I’m just wondering if we could try hatching their eggs? I don’t really know how chicken breeding works but it feels like their parts would not match up. ?We really love the serama breed and don’t know anyone near us with a serama rooster so what’s the harm in a cross breed if they’ve already bread?ive attached photos of me holding our serama hens and our smaller rooster just for size reference
Your cockerel is Black Sex-link.

Yep, they can breed with little difficulty, I've had a Orpington rooster Breed a Mille Fleur D'uccle many years ago, but I didn't get a chance to hatch her egg, it was getting too late in the season.

Back
Top Bottom