Are the fertile eggs that are forsale on ebay any good?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ging3rhoffman, Apr 27, 2009.

1. ging3rhoffman

ging3rhoffman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    There seems to be alot of fertile eggs forsale on ebay but not on here...wonder why? Wish I knew what to do.

2. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Some of them are very good others are very bad. Which will you get? Unfortunately it's a toss up. There are several members here who also sell on Ebay.

What breed are you interested in?

3. purelypoultry

purelypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    I used to sell hatching eggs on ebay and had many many happy customers. I havent sold on there for years because they charge fees even if you dont sell. and high ones at that.

There are reputable sellers on there. And bad ones.

4. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Go down to Buy, sell and trade eggs and post what you are looking for and you will usually get a lot of responses,

5. ging3rhoffman

Feb 23, 2009
    Thank you so much for responding to me! I am looking for a couple of welsummers, a true blue egg laying ameraucana, a couple of columbian wyandottes, or lt brahmas. I will go to that buy, sell trade, Thanks again:)

6. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    Be careful. I ordered pure ameracaunas from e bay and got eastereggers. I really didn't mind I just wanted a pretty egg basket anyway.

7. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    The problem there is they got them from a hatchery that calls them ameracaunas, and probably don`t know any better, unlike thehatcheries. Some are still selling them as Ameracaunas/Araucanas.

8. ging3rhoffman

Feb 23, 2009
    I have 5 EE pullets that are 7 weeks old and i was worried that i might not have a blue egg layer so i wanted a pure ameraucana. Is it a 100 percent sure thing that all true ameraucana lay blue eggs?

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:Not ALL will produce blue eggs. Not like the robin blue egg you are talking about. Some are blue greenish or greenblue.

I have not yet seen a TRUE robin blue egg yet coming out of Araucanas AND Amercuanas.

10. old mill poultry

old mill poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    I have ordered eggs from ebay in the past and some were excellent and very trust worthy sellers and others not so. It's important on reading the feedback not just their percentage rate. Alot of times people will edit their hatch rates from the sale and I do look at those critically.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by