Are the judges going to laugh at me? Australorp PICS

KittyKelly

Songster
10 Years
May 6, 2009
Central KY
A friend of mine has been raising Australorps for like 15 years or so and I acquired a small flock from him. He gave them to me for free in hopes that I would get into breeding and showing them and he would always have back-up if something ever happened to his good birds. I assume these are good ones but I am TOTALLY CLUELESS. I've tried to study about the show standards on the internet but I'm having a lot of trouble. My very first show is this Saturday coming up and I'm taking this beautiful rooster. Can someone please give me some comments? Good or Bad, please be honest, you won't hurt my feelings!!!!!
Sorry they aren't the best pics in the world but here they are...

AustralorpRoo004.jpg

Close-ups...

AustralorpRoo005.jpg

AustralorpRoo003.jpg

AustralorpRoo002.jpg

AustralorpRoo006.jpg

AustralorpRoo009.jpg

AustralorpRoo010.jpg

Next to a golden comet...
AustralorpRoo001.jpg

I am not a judge or expert on Aussies but he is one handsome dude!

As far as I am concerned, he has a good profile, stance and color for the Aussie. He got an Orp look about him.

I must say, it is a very good catch you got going there. Much better than hatchery kind!

Can you ask your friend who he got his original flock from?

Last edited:
Quote:
He told me but I don't remember the names.....sorry. They are from 2 different lines that have names....like HatTrick Silkies is a great line of silkies...

I think I'm going to call him and ask him now that you asked because it will bother me to not know!!
lol.png

I'm just nervous because I've never ever shown before and I know nothing about Australorps.

Does anybody have pictures of their show quality Australorps??

It's difficult to really judge a bird from a picture because there's a lot you can't know until the bird is in your hand. That said, superficially he looks fine. He's in great condition, haas good colour, good type & a good Australorp head. I don't think you'll get laughed at.

Back
Top Bottom