Are there any (BBC) Top Gear fans here? (Its relevant, I promise!)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by joneus, Jan 29, 2012.

1. joneus

joneus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Ballston Spa
    I've decided to name my 10 day old, breed-as-yet-undetermined white bantam chick "The Stig" but I'm having trouble coming up with a good tagline for him/her.

**For those who dont know what I'm talking about, "The Stig" is an anonymous "Tamed Racing Driver", who is always dressed in white racing gear, & gets to test drive all the really cool cars on "Top Gear" (which is a British car enthusiast show on the BBC). They change his tagline for every show & it always begins with: "Some say...", then it includes some humorous random thought or made up achievement, and ends with "All we know is, he's called 'The Stig'!" I guess you could say its sort of the British version of all those "Chuck Norris" facts.

For example:

Some say he's the main cause of global warming and his stomach is reverse engineered to make the I-Phone. all we know is he's called the stig.

Some say his skin has the texture of a dolphin's, and that wherever you are in the world, if you tune your radio to 88.4, you can actually hear his thoughts... all we know is, he's called the Stig

Some say he never blinks, and that he roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves... all we know is, he's called the Stig.

I thought opening this up here might be fun. Any suggestions?

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I love Top Gear, but I'm gonna have to think on the tag line...

3. joneus

Apr 2, 2011
    Ballston Spa
    This came to me while I was running:

"Some say he was hatched by an angry velociraptor and that in a past life his crow was responsible for the volcanic eruption that destroyed Pompeii. All we know is, he's called The Stig!"

4. joneus

Apr 2, 2011
    Ballston Spa
    ... and my hubby just texted me this:

"Some say, she came before the egg! All we know is, she's called, 'The Stig'!"

(he also suggested that we call the little black serama "Sacked Stig") [​IMG]

5. yellowirenut

yellowirenut Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    New haven, IN
    Love the show along with several other BBC shows.

American top gear just tried to hard and everything was scripted. The present format of BBC Top Gear has been on since 2002 and the presenters flow so naturally together.

6. joneus

Apr 2, 2011
    Ballston Spa
    ITA! (also, I totally have a thing for Hammond. Hmm.. I may need to name one of my other bantams "Hamster!" *giggle*)

7. Warhorse70

Warhorse70 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2011
    No one ever loves Captain Slow! LOL

8. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    We love the show! This definitely works!

9. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn

I like this one! Haha!

10. joneus

Apr 2, 2011
    Ballston Spa
    That will be the name of one of my frizzles, LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by