Are there any breeders or hatcheries in VA?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by PoultryGirly, Jan 21, 2013.

1. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Hi. I was just wondering if there are any breeders or hatcheries near or in VA. Any info would help! Thanks!!!

2. theeggbasket

theeggbasket Out Of The Brooder

Sep 28, 2012
    My Coop
    We're in Virginia and we know a lot of other breeders here. What breeds are you looking for?

3. chickenbusiness

chickenbusiness Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2012
    I am in NC I shipped 3 weeks ago to WV and I had an email today today that 18 had hatched and couple more were pipping-sent 21 in all. I thought that this was a great turnout. I do not know about Va but it seems that WV P.O. went easy on this package. It is always nicer though if you can get them local.

4. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    I like wyandottes, marans, Americanas, call ducks, and etc. I can order from nearby states...

5. theeggbasket

Sep 28, 2012
    My Coop
    What part of Virginia are you in? We breed Silver Ameraucanas. There's also a facebook group called Pet Chickens of Virginia with many local Va. breeders. HTH

6. Cheapchicksfarm

Cheapchicksfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2010
    I am in Virginia [​IMG] Check out my website for my breeds I raise Standard and Bantam Chickens, Guineas, Geese, Ducks and Turkeys also raise meat rabbits and Dairy Goats http://cheapchickpoultryfarm.weebly.com/

1 person likes this.
  7. Serendipity VA

Serendipity VA New Egg

Aug 10, 2013
    I'm in Madison Va and looking for 5 pullets, Standards, good egg layer breed but also pretty. I like Wyandottes, Welsummers, Dominique. I'm new to this but raised Bantams 20 years ago. Now looking for friendly standard egg layers. Early September... Thanks, will travel a bit to pick up.

8. theeggbasket

Sep 28, 2012
    My Coop
    There are many breeders in Va. There's a group, Pet Chickens of Virginia with a directory of members. We host swaps at the TSC monthly. The website is http://petchickensofvirginia.com/group/ or easily find it on Facebook. We personally breed Silver Ameraucna, Silkies, Bantam La Fleche, Bantam Salmon Faverolles, and Seramas. I'm certain whatever breed you're looking for, you can find a local breeder on there.

9. skinsey

skinsey Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2013
    Virgilina Virginia
    Tiffany,

I am in South Central Virginia - around 60 miles north of Raleigh Durham. I am looking for chicks locally as I just received a shipment of 7 chicks - 5 dead. I need to replace my Faverolle rooster and I want a few other new breeds to add to my collection - must be cold and heat hearty and docile. I have Faverolles, Blue Splash Marans, Wellsummers and Easter Eggers. Any suggestions welcome.

Sharon Kinsey
    Follow YOur Dream Farm
    www.followyourdreamfarm.net

10. Mike26726

Mike26726 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2015
    Is this post dead? I'm also looking to add a couple more hens to my flock. I ended up with 3 cockerels. I found homes for 2 of them. Now I need 2 girls to replace them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by