are there any chicken magizenes

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by hensplease, Sep 19, 2009.

1. hensplease

hensplease Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    san diego
    so that get a new one every month

2. Lollipop

Lollipop Chillin' With My Peeps

Poultry Press is a show paper put out monthly. If you really want a good education, Amazon can still sell you a subscription to Grit and Steel, which is a gamefowl journal, published monthly. Other gamefowl mags will also advertize in Grit & Steel. They include Feathered Warior and The Gamecock. These controvercial mags cover all aspects of breeding and health. Highly recommended.......Pop

3. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    There is a Backyard Poultry magazine that is interesting and full of good pics along with good information. It comes out Bi-monthly tho.

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Shucks, with BYC, I'd think you'd get everything you'd ever want out of a magazine.... and much, much more.

5. Vcomb

Vcomb Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    Quote:Grit & Steel and The Feathered Warrior both went out of business in the last few months. A real shame to see magazines that are over or close to 100 years old disappear....

6. ScoobyRoo

ScoobyRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2008
    Land of OZ
    Quote:I agree! But where I work at there is NO computer.[​IMG] So the magazine is the next best thing! Magazines are good for the car ride, waiting for appts., and when the power is out.

By all means BYC is my first choice.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by