Are there any Chickenstocks in upstate NY?

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by dentech, Jan 21, 2012.

1. dentech

dentech Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2011
    Have only gotten into chickens in the last year. Are there any Chickenstocks or swaps in the Upstate New York area? Syracuse, Rochester, Ithaca maybe? Thanks in advance

2. dentech

dentech Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2011
    Or, would anyone in the central NY area be interested if there was a Chickenstock?

3. mb190e

mb190e New Egg

Apr 13, 2011
    I have the same story I got into chickens last year. I'm also in upstate NY ( Sarartoga) but I don't have any chickens to swap, but im looking for some barred rock and EE chicks

Scott

4. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I've got barred rock and EE chicks. Was going to put them on CL next week and am near saratoga. PM me if interested. :)

5. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

Saturday, April 28th I will be helping hold a "Poultry School" at Cornell Cooperative Extension in Voorheesville. As soon as I get the flier I will post it on here. It is meant for all bird keepers. There will be a poultry judge, someone on housing, how to prepare and show birds, trying to get an avian vet and much more. Loads of fun for kids and adults.

6. thatchickenlady

thatchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    New York
    We need to get more going on in NY [​IMG]

7. PoultryPlot

PoultryPlot Out Of The Brooder

Last spring I did a poultry sale for the first time in Horseheads and it was a HUGE success. I am considering opening it up to other venders to come and sell/trade their birds as well. Is there any interest? If there is interest please send me a message or reply here and I will let you know when I decide on a date. I would love to have more people come!

8. gunnarwordon

gunnarwordon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2012
    Chatham, New York.
    if this turns into a scheme to create a chickenswap/ stock, I want in!

9. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

Check out the link in my siggy! [​IMG]

10. gunnarwordon

gunnarwordon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2012
    Chatham, New York.
    you're from Albany? what a coincidence!
    I don't do chicken, but pigeons, bantams fowl, but nice to know we have others representing.............

Gun.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by