Are there any collie lovers out there?

ilovemycollies

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 22, 2007
i have two beautiful rough collies named Cassie and Crystal. they are both sisters. Cassie is a sable,white, and black. and Crystal is all white with a couple of brown patches on her. about six years ago is when i got my collies. cassie was my christmas present from my grandparents because they knew i wanted a collie. after i got cassie we kept her in the milk house for a few weeks and my grandpa said that she was going to have to go in one of the outside kennels well the next day my grandma told me that there was a couple more collie puppies left that were being avertised in the newspaper, so i asked my grandma if i could get one of cassie's sisters so that cassie wouldnt be alone. my grandma said that it was ok with her but i would have to try to talk my grandpa into it. so when my grandpa got home from work i asked him and i had to beg and beg and beg..and then he said "ok" so we went to get cassie's sister crystal. i still remember my reaction when i opened the box at christmas and there was a collie puppy with a ribbion with card on it saying " to heather love, grandma and grandpa" and i reamember that i started to cry because i finally got my christmas wish.

My parents used to raise show collies for many years until they decided to get out of it. They lost their beloved sable collie two years ago due to cancer and they didnt get anymore collies since then. I had a blue merle collie I owned briefly and my allergies acted up and had to give her back to the breeders which they were delighted to get her back.

Would I get another collie? Maybe but as long its smooth haired I would not mind it. Rough collies are goreous but so time consuming to maintain their coats.

I'd prefer Borzois, they suit me perfectly! However with my young daughter, it was adviseable to wait awhile since they are not too good with rough and rowdy behaviors.

Collies are on my long list of favorite dogs. Owned a shelter rescue named Prince when my son was little and he was wonderful with the baby.
However, after being owned by an irish wolfhound for so many wonderful years, I can't imagine I'll ever get another dog...unless it was another wolfhound and they don't come cheap!
What a wonderful Christmas present you got!

I have two border collies. They are very intellegent dogs. Sometime I think they are two smart though. They can get them selves into a lot of trouble if their minds arent occupied.

Quote:
Would you like a third? We have about given up on teaching Jake anything! I'm used to smart dogs. Charlie Girl is almost human she's so smart. As my SO says, sure Jake is smart...what gets him into so much trouble is he's also a smart a**!

YOu know what? I think I will pass on anotgher dog I have three big ones and sometimes I find they are to much....besides Jake wouldnt work here, you see thats my son's name.

Carol - What a lovely girl Brandi is! Those are some of the sweetest eyes I've seen....
smile.png

I have a rough collie and he is wonderful. He actually came up to a lady's house as a stray and she was never able to find his owners. He's a tri colored and fits in with my shelties great. Although he weighs about 4 times what they do, as my husband says, "he's their little brother".

We have a rough coated Tri colored male collie. He is 8 years old. We originally got him for our son but hes ours now. We bought him from a farm. traveled 5 hours to pick him up. Hes the best for the animals,kids anyone who shows up. His only problem is his habit of chasing airplanes. He goes nuts jumping inthe air at them and running from one end of the yar to the other. Hes our second we had a beautiful tri colored female named Angel many many years ago.

Back
Top Bottom