Are there any good flooring for a duck run where I can hose the poop?

Welshy

Chirping
Apr 9, 2019
I was looking around for answers and I found that many used Pea Gravel? Are there any other things I may use that'd be safe for the foot of the ducks?

Inside our duck house we use Trex decking. It is expensive but we can easily spray the pine shavings down and the poop goes thru the spaces of the boards. When it gets smelly we spray vinagar then house and odor, flying pests and ants are gone. We also use it for our ramps to the house and the pool. You could probably put whatever medium you want over it. It is made to be power washed and withstand all weather conditions. We are in Florida and the boards don't get too hot in the sun so far. This will be our first summer using it but it has been in the high 80's to mid 90's already.

Around my pond I have several large sand stone rocks to take up space, then I filled around those with smaller smooth rocks. I think it was called cobblestone rock?
I first laid plastic down and tapered the ground so it would drain and installed a sink drain in the plastic. . attached the drain to a pvc pipe to drain the water away from the run.
This worked pretty well while I only had 6 or 7 call ducks in there. Now there are about 16 in there and it doesn't drain really well. My run is pine shavings and they have gotten so much of it mixed in the rock it's pretty clogged up.

Back
Top Bottom