are there any hormones in layina?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by urban chicks, Dec 18, 2013.

1. urban chicks

urban chicks Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2012
    I've been feeding purina/layina to my flock and their egg laying is the same as during the summer and in the winter hens usually slow down laying or completely stop and mine are laying like in the summer and i just wanted to know if this is normal and if this is because there are hormones in the feed.

2. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Purina says this on their website about the SunFresh stuff (both Layenas are one in that category I think?)
    "And like all Purina[​IMG] SunFresh[​IMG] Recipe poultry feeds, you can rest assured Purina[​IMG] Layena[​IMG] Plus Omega-3 poultry feed contains no added hormones, antibiotics, animal fat or animal by-products. Just wholesome goodness for a delicious, homegrown egg."
    Some hens, young ones especially, and of commercial breeds/crosses, and if they have added light, don't slow down much if at all for winter, so it looks like you probably just got lucky.

3. Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay

Lazy J Farms Feed & Hay Chillin' With My Peeps

There are NO, I repeat NO, NONE, NOT a DROP of hormones in ANY Poultry or Swine Rations in the USA.

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    This

5. Roo Boy

Roo Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2013
    Ohio
    X2
    My young hens are still pumping them out daily.

6. chickengeorgeto

chickengeorgeto Overrun With Chickens

Dec 25, 2012
    2X

7. urban chicks

urban chicks Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2012
    thank you every one

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by