Are there any Literary Agents here - Or published writers?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I've self published before on Associated content, and have been writing for Fifteen years, taking as many english and creative writing classes I can and for the most part I write for myself. Yesterday I sat down at the end of the Michigan game and wrote something new, something I think I can market.

Without an alarm I woke up again around 6ish with the idea still burning in my memory and so far I've churned out close to 11,000 words of the story line and thinking I am halfway done. With this one......

It's something that I could definitely do a series about. There are 3-4 main characters you meet in the first book and that second I've already got ideas for involves more directly the two of them.

I can see this being small novelettes or novellas in a series and I am writing for the 12+ crowd in mind. Everything I've ever heard tells me I need a literary agent to be serious about being published. So...... Any tips, advice etc?

2. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    The best website for writers is absolutewrite.com.

Warning: the forums there are as addictive as BYC!

3. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    No "useful" advise, but you're funny as heck, and I just wanted to give out a "go for it".

4. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    This is as "published" as most of us get. Best wishes!

5. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:funny looking maybe [​IMG]

6. saddina

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA

uh... "saddi, stop giggling, I'm trying to sneak up on them zombie-ninja-style"....

7. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI

uh... "saddi, stop giggling, I'm trying to sneak up on them zombie-ninja-style"....

lol but those were stupid garbage scroungers, not the dumpers I thought they were [​IMG] difference is, I don't shoot at scrappers.

8. saddina

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:uh... "saddi, stop giggling, I'm trying to sneak up on them zombie-ninja-style"....

lol but those were stupid garbage scroungers, not the dumpers I thought they were [​IMG] difference is, I don't shoot at scrappers.

True, but as noted it was giggle inducing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by