Are there any other writers on here?

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by eenie114, Jul 1, 2010.

1. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

I write upper middle grade fiction. Are there other people on here that write that genre? I'm in the middle (well, beginning) of re-writing Cinderella, and could use a critique group. If anyone wants me to, I can post the first chapter. My word goal is 15 chapters, about 2000 words each.

2. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Me! Just published my first book. [​IMG]

3. Campine Lover

Campine Lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Moss Beach, CA
    Eeesh. I'm working on one, but can't seem to finish. [​IMG]

4. NaomiSarah

NaomiSarah Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2010
    I had an article published in BirdTalk magazine a few years ago, and I'm working on (many) novels, none of which will finish themselves according to my schedule. :)

For me, writing like... attacks me in the night. I have to avoid thinking about my stories as I'm dozing off... sometimes the story just starts pouring out and I HAVE to write it down before I fall asleep or I'll forget it! I wake up in the morning with seven pages of "chicken scratch (haha)" to translate into something that makes sense outside of the mind of a sleep deprived writer. Does that make any sense at all? I don't talk to any other writers anymore!

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:You did! I want one!!!!!! Where can i buy one at?? [​IMG] Congrats!!!!! I'm very proud of you, kiddo! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  6. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I tried to write books once or twice, it didn't work. I like to write poetry, though. [​IMG]

7. laceynoelle

laceynoelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    I wrote a book last year but never got it published because editing is boring. lol so what do i do? Start another. That wont be edited. [​IMG]

8. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Quote:You did! I want one!!!!!! Where can i buy one at?? [​IMG] Congrats!!!!! I'm very proud of you, kiddo! [​IMG]

It's Fatima's saga [​IMG]
    Check her thread or PM me.

9. NaomiSarah

NaomiSarah Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2010

It's Fatima's saga [​IMG]
    Check her thread or PM me.

............I'm burning with envy!!! lol :p Someday!!!

10. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I did write one novel length story. Haven't cleaned it up enough to actually try to sell it but I did finish it. Even has chickens in it. It can be found here: http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=192640.

Have half of another novel length story written, but haven't finished it. And lots of story ideas for still other works. No time for writing anymore unfortunately so I just jot ideas down for later use. Maybe when my kids grow up.

I know there are people out there who work for a living, raise families, and still manage to write but I haven't been able to manage it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by