are there any types of treats that baby turkeys like

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by jimmythechicken, May 16, 2011.

1. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    i was woundering if there were any treats that baby turkeys like?

2. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    I'm sure there are but I don't give mine any because cleaning the brooders is a dirty enough job as it is.

3. jimmythechicken

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    we have them up on wire now so it is not to bad.plus i make my daughter do the dirty work.lol

4. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Quote:That's not right! My 14 year old daughter will do all the killin, plucking and cleaning but doesn't do poo!

5. jimmythechicken

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    Quote:That's not right! My 14 year old daughter will do all the killin, plucking and cleaning but doesn't do poo!

my daughter is 11 she does not mind cleaning cages loves her little turkeys sits out an talks to them while she does her home work.then pulls them out to play with them.she is little blue on here she loves blue slates i like the the darker breeds would like to get some easterns

6. cowdogcadillac

cowdogcadillac Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2009
    I've given mine watermelon and they cleaned it down to the rind. Also sliced tomatoes.I'm sure there are a bunch. My brooder is in my garage and sometimes at night I open the garage door ,turn off all lights except the heat lamp in the brooder and tons of bugs fly in to the brooder and the baby turkeys go nuts catching the bugs. What can I say,I'm easily amused

7. Dogfish

Dogfish Rube Goldberg incarnate

Mar 17, 2010
    Western Washington
    Quote:Sound better than drinking beer near the bug light during a moth hatch.

8. bryan99705

bryan99705 Chillin' With My Peeps

Kinda like "Channel 9" for for the easily amused ? - It's great fun plus as you swat the bugs that land on you, you can hand feed thd the birds too. from another easily amused country boy

Quote:

9. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Did they eat the watermelon seeds as well?

10. 49erjohns

49erjohns Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2010
    I treat my young turkeys with chopped egg yolks. JOHN

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by